Update on how I am doing since starting the Daily abx on August 20th, 2016:
- Menstrual cycle is longer again (still no sign of it since last time and it is overdue… some spotting and HORRIBLE PMS which makes me think it’s PMDD)
- On September 3, 2016 I have switch from Doxy 400mg to Minocycline 200mg
- I take the Mino at night which allows me to take vitamins and so on during the day.
- I still take the Tinidizole 500mg midday.
- The reason I stopped the Doxy is because it makes me vomit badly sometime on the bus/tube to work…. it happens when I don’t eat or if I have dairy in the morning… like Kefir…The nausea lasts all day even if I don’t hurl eventually…
- I was on Doxy for 2 weeks until I received my new batch of Mino
- I will keep at it for another 2 weeks and see what happens.
- Since starting the abx I’ve officially gained 6kg and I am struggling to lose it.
- My eating habits aren’t so clean anymore since I am broke and relying on either leftovers from my host family or snacks I keep at my office.
So what’s better, Doxy or Mino??
I can’t tell for sure… I can’t isolate and control conditions to become controlled variables… Right now my neck stiffness and leg pain and fatigue are back, lack of coordination is also not so much (see this post for details!)… I can’t tell whether it’s my period making its royal way out or if it’s the Lyme or both, maybe a herx, or maybe something entirely different… I do know that since stopping the doxycycline I’ve had really really bad days (including yesterday and today).
I still experienced some joint pains from time to time but for the most part my feet and hands were virtually painless on doxy… it isn’t fair to the mino since it did help before.. I’ll just have to wait it out and see…
Historically, what I do know is that the Lyme symptoms got worse or a new symptom began right when my period was coming… from research I also know that the bacteria also takes about 4 weeks to reproduce and develop… which happens to coincide with Miz Flow… so it really is difficult to isolate one condition from the other without tests.
I am also curious whether there’s a relationship between the onset of symptoms and how they disappear.. If the effects of the medicine attack them in sequence… so the ast to appear is the first to disappear? But maybe that’s just my mind trying to establish patterns.
ps. this is a totally biased subjective post based on nothing but my pain and emotional state right now. That said… trying to find a glimmer of hope and some cheer in all of this…. depression is a horrible daemon. Yes I think of dying. No I don’t think of suicide.